I recently had a trip to the velodrome in Manchester to photograph the British Cycling Championships. Various events were being held and many of the athletes were part of the British Cycling team. Events included the Keirin, pursuit, time trials and para-cycling where riders are on tandems riding against the clock. The start of the Keirin always raises a smile, as participants follow a man on a motorcycle for the initial laps. The challenges for the photographer here are to deal with the tricky lighting in the velodrome as you are forbidden to use flash, and to capture these riders at full speed whilst creating a sense of movement in the final image.
- Sky wins “Young Photographer of the Year”
- Raven Queen receives Judges award at the World Cup
- Receiving my CPAGB Award
- Raven Queen featured on World Cup Flyer
- Collecting Snowy Backgrounds
- Street Photography – Know your rights
- Creative Photography…where do you start?
- Trip to the Velodrome
- Recent trip to Burma
- New website